Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tuscan Landscapes



Springtime. The air is fresh, clear and warm. The clouds sail on the breeze and paint the land with fleeting shadows. Few things make me feel as exuberantly alive as putting down the top of our old sports car and heading out on the winding, silent, wildflower-lined backroads through the hills of Tuscany. The roads are empty. You can stop, sit on a pasture’s edge, and with some bread, cheese and a bottle of rich red wine, gaze at the wavy fields, the tiny cops of woods, rows of olives and, here and there, an ancient stone house nestled among them. Looks like a 15th century painting. One of God’s masterpieces.







1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I actually just inquired about a Tuscan Villa Rental as I debate going and staying for an extended period of time and when I see pictures like this it definitely impacts my decision.

    ReplyDelete